Back to School
SVMS Back to School Events
Get Connected Day: Tuesday, August 16, 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
WEB Day (6th Grade Orientation): Thursday, August 25, 12:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- CLICK HERE to order school pictures online.
- Note: In order to be included in the yearbook and have a picture I.D., all students should get their picture taken even if you do not plan to purchase any photos.
- Event Code: FE38622
- Pictures may be ordered 3-5 days after Picture Day.
- Additional Dates:
- Picture Make Up Day: Thursday, September 8, 2022
- Picture Retake Day: Friday, October 7, 2022
If you missed Get Connected/Picture Day, you can pick up an ID in the front office from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
New to EPS? We were, too. We are a group of families who recently settled into SVMS. Some of us moved from out of state, while others joined the school community through open enrollment.
Our goal is to create an open network to support your family’s transition into the SVMS community. CLICK HERE to learn more!
Class schedules are set to be posted to the portal on Get Connected Day.
All students must wear their student ID on their lanyard each day they are in school. IDs will be necessary for book and device checkout, as well as breakfast and lunch payment.
- New Students Tours: Students in grades 6-8 who are new to the district will be hearing from our Student Ambassadors in August to set up a tour and assist with the transition to SVMS.
- Get Connected Day Tours: SVMS Student Leaders will be available on Get Connected Day to offer help walking through schedules and giving tours.
All incoming 6th graders are invited to WEB Orientation Thursday, August 25, 12-4 p.m.
WHAT IS WEB?
WEB is a nationwide program Where Everybody Belongs. It is designed to welcome and support 6th grade students by connecting them with positive, responsible, hand-selected 8th grade students.
WEB Leaders will help students feel more comfortable in their new environment, as well as help them achieve success in their first year of middle school.
Edina’s District Media and Technology Services provides the best effort to solve technical issues for all stakeholders. Staff are available from 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone, (952) 848-4915. Parents can also get support with Portal issues at email@example.com.